Canon EOS C300/C300PL preview
A NEW STYLE OF DIGITAL CINE CAMERA, SERVING THE EVOLVING NEEDS OF TODAY’S CINEMATOGRAPHER.
More than just a camera, the C300* and C300 PL* cameras mark the beginning of a whole new system for the motion picture industry. Form factor, ergonomics, image processing and lenses – re-imagined to tailor the experience of shooting to the needs of professional cinematography crews.
SUPER 35 MM-EQUIVALENT 16:9 LARGE CMOS SENSOR
Large imager unleashes full creative potential. Modeled on the Super 35mm 3-perf motion picture film standard, Canon’s CMOS sensor has an active image size of 24.6 x 13.8mm. The image sensor utilizes an innovative readout technique that deliversfull bandwidth individual RGB video components without the need for any
- 8.3 MP sensor
- Shallow Depth of Field
- High Sensitivity/Low Noise
- High signal-to-noise ratio
- Reduced rolling shutter artifacts
- Signal processing equivalent to that of 3-chip RGB systems
- 8 MP Bayer array; no pixel interpolation needed
Taking into account various shooting scenarios, the EOS C300* can accommodate situations where every last inch of maneuverability counts. With day-long shooting comfort and usability in mind, different components can be added or removed as needed. It’s also compatible with industry standard, third-party accessories so it can be easily rigged for studio, Steadicam, jib or just about any other configuration imaginable.
- RELIABILITY and DURABILITYCompact and lightweight body design
- Body weight: 1430g
- Body dimensions: 133mm X 171mm, 179mm
- Start/Stop buttons in four different locations to suit different shooting styles
- Large dials positioned in two places allow operation from the side
- Viewfinder tilts up to 60 degrees
- Removable, rotating handgrip turns 360 degrees in 15 degree increments
- Multiple-angle control panel rotates 270 degrees to accommodate shoulder, side, low-angle camera positions
- Withstands rough, professional use
- Dust- and splash-proof design
- Cooling system of heat sinks and fans protects sensor and allows for extended shooting
- Look-free camera operation made easier with between-button ridges and protrusions
- Button layout based on commonly used features
- Assignable control buttons
- Lock switch prevents accidental control changes while recording
- Measuring hook for distance readings
- Tally lamp visible from side or behind camcorder
- Internal battery
- Backlit display panel
- Industry-standard terminals
- Missing item; or delete bullet
- Easily configured in a side-by-side rig for 3D shooting
- Compatible with rail systems, flags, matte boxes and follow focus accessories
- Wireless remote control of key camera functions, including focus, shutter speed, white balance and iris (when using supported Canon EF lenses) via laptops and tablets
HIGHLY COMPATIBLE WITH MOVIE PRODUCTION WORKFLOWS
Seamless integration with NLEs is just the beginning of effective post-processing. Clean image quality. Low S/N ratio. Canon Log Gamma for expanded dynamic range. File formats that hold up when multiple effects and color corrections are applied. Robust enough for the big screen, but convenient enough for on-set review and tweaking.
- MXF file wrapper bundles video, audio and metadata in standardized file format recognized by most NLE systems
- Uses XF codec to record highly versatile MPEG-2 Long GOP 4:2:2 code
- Incredible image quality – particularly in high ISO/low light situations
- Records to affordable, readily available CF cards
- Simultaneous recording to dual CF cards and HD-SDI out to external recorders or monitoring systems
- Time code
Available in either EF- or PL-mount configurations, Canon’s entry into the digital cinematography market allows the user to choose the right camera for their lenses and production needs.
The EOS C300* has a Canon EF lens mount and is compatible with all of Canon’s EF lenses, including compact primes, super telephotos, specialty Tilt-Shift, Macro, fisheye zooms – over 60 in all. It also has communication contacts built into its mount, allowing functions such as focus and iris to be adjusted via the camera controls, or even wirelessly via the optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E6A unit. This offers huge potential for specialty applications where cameras must be controlled remotely such as nature documentaries or reality TV.
The EOS C300 PL* has a PL mount and is compatible both with a new series of Canon Cine PL lenses as well as the majority of third-party optics available for 35mm motion picture cameras.
Not only is the EOS C300* versatile and compact, it’s ready to go right out of the box. Attach your choice of lens and start telling your story.
The removable handgrip rotates as needed. It also has start/stop, iris control, and multi-controller functions. Also included is a 4-inch, 1.23 MP LCD Monitor/Control panel that rotates and accepts microphone XLR connections.
An onboard waveform monitor and vectorscope eliminates the need for external exposure and color analyzers.
Includes: EOS C300* body, monitor unit, viewfinder, eye cup, handle, thumb rest, XF Utilities, shoulder strap, WFT attachment, tripod base, battery pack, battery charger, AC cable, power adapter, DC cable
B&H is accepting Canon EOS C300 Cinema Preorders:
Canon EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camcorder Body
Canon EOS C300 PL Cinema EOS Camcorder Body
Canon CN-E Lenses
Canon CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L S Cinema Zoom Lens with EF Mount for $42,750.00
Canon CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L SP Cinema Zoom Lens with PL Mount for $43,750.00
Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S EF Mount Cinema Zoom Lens for $ 44,650.00
Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens for $ 44,650.00