Canon PowerShot SX280 HS Firmware 184.108.40.206 Available for Download
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 [for the Canon PowerShot SX280] incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Increases the duration of movie shooting by 20%* in cases where the optical zoom is used compared to cameras running Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 or Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 through a reduction in the power consumption of the optical zoom.
- Fixes a phenomenon with cameras running firmware version 126.96.36.199, in which the low battery level warning is prematurely displayed while shooting in movie mode.
* Time under default camera settings, when normal operations are performed, such as shooting, pausing, turning the camera on and off, and zooming. (based on conditions established by Canon).
– Under some shooting conditions, the recording time may be shorter than mentioned above.
– Recording time with a fully charged battery.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 is for cameras with firmware Version 184.108.40.206 or Version 220.127.116.11. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 18.104.22.168, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Please note that, once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
How to Identify Cameras that are eligible for the Firmware Update:
Please check the serial number on the bottom of the camera. This firmware update is for products with the following serial numbers.
Products whose sixth digit from the left is “2” or less
The new Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 can be downloaded here.